“your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”
What is meant by “kingdom”?
1. God is a king, supreme ruler, and ultimate authority.
2. We are to desire to see HIS kingdom realized here on earth just like it is in heaven.
What is this “kingdom” like?
1. The Kingdom requires repentance. (Mt. 3:2, 4:17)
2. The Kingdom has good news. (Mt. 4:23; 9:35)
3. The poor in spirit and the persecuted and the little children have the Kingdom. (Mt. 5:3,10; 19:14)
4. The Kingdom requires righteousness and obedience. (Mt. 5:20; 7:21)
5. The Kingdom is to be sought first above all else. (Mt. 6:33)
6. The Kingdom is near. (Mt. 10:7)
7. The Kingdom will be sifted to separate the good from the bad. (Mt. 13.1-43, 47-52)
8. The Kingdom is a priceless, precious treasure. (Mt. 13:44-46)
9. The Kingdom requires one to be humble as a child. (Mt. 18:3-4)
10. The Kingdom requires mercy and forgiveness. (Mt. 18:21-35)
11. The Kingdom will be given to those who produce fruit. (Mt. 21:43)
There is so much more that the Kingdom of God encompasses! I pray this will give you a springboard for your prayers. Join me in praying for God’s Kingdom to come!